The Sixth Wilbury

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Hippie with a Banjo

I am very excited. I have a friend who has a banjo. Not only does this friend own a banjo, he just happens to be a hippie. It's official... he's a Hippie with a Banjo.
(If you don't know the song, you might not know how cool this actually is!) (-:
Most of the time my blogs are not awe-inspiring or deeply personal, so I guess I'll give it a go on this one: I am about to share with you one of my life long dreams. Prepare yourself.
Imagine yourself sitting around a campfire with great friends and company. There is the calming lull of talking with the occasional burst of laughter. But then, what's this? Someone is pulling out their musical instrument? Probably a guitar, you think to yourself. Because that is totally normal, for someone to whip out their guitar around the campfire to sing, among other things, Kumbaya. --Huh, what's this?? Your mind is spinning as you hear not the strum of a six string, but the twang of... a banjo?!?! Can it be? Yes! Someone has brought their banjo and is about to finger-pik their way into the morning. How often do you get an opportunity like this?
This is one of the reasons that I thought I needed to take up the banjo... so I could be this wanna-be Bela Fleck and jam around the campfire. It would be very memorable, in my mind. After all, who WOULDN'T want to be involved in these 2 great American past-times simultanioulsy... the traditional campfire in the woods and the banjo?
I'll let you know if it's everything I expected... or more! (-:
(hey, we all have dreams, right?!)

1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger greyguitar said...

Well I got me a fine wife I got me a fiddle
When the sun’s comin’ up I got cakes on the griddle
Life ain’t nothin’ but a funy funny riddle
Thank god I'm a hippie with a banjo?

maybe I don't know the song. hahha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home