The Sixth Wilbury

Sunday, January 02, 2005

back in MY day

Today I saw something that I (obviously) thought was worthwhile: (once you get through my preface you'll see!)
Today my mom and I went up to the mall so she could get a calendar (they're on sale since we're SO far into the new year, ya know!) and so I could look for some teacher clothes on sale. The stop light on University and Brown was red, like ALWAYS, (I'm not kidding. I think I've hit it green like ONCE in my entire life), and we both noticed this little kid in his side yard with a shovel digging at something. He put his trusty shovel down and hopped on his bike. This is when I noticed the bigger picture: he was working on a dirt track for his bike. Okay, so the kid's like probably nine years old and he's on a little Huffy, probably the same one that he's had since training wheels (it looked beat up) and he was having a great time. And his track looked really fun, too! At the same time, my mom and I both looked at each other and were like, "that's so cute." But not in the "oh, look at the little puppy!" kind of way. I guess we could have said "that's a beautiful picture" like you say "that is beautiful" when a father his little son are walking hand-in-hand down the street.
One day I'll have to expand on why this blog happens to be called "back in MY day." Now THAT'S a fun story. Not beautiful like the one I saw today, but definitely fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home