The Sixth Wilbury

Saturday, January 08, 2005

The Glory Days

Last night I ran into three people I went to highschool with FOUR years ago! It was kind of a strange moment. I walked into this restaurant/bar place in Tempe last night and right away I said, "I think I went to high school with that guy." After deciding that I didn't want to approach them we went outside to enjoy the desert air. (or something like that... it's freezing here!) Then I notice this group of people leaving and I think, "what the heck..." so I say, "umm, are you Cody?" When he stops to give me his attention I guess that I'm right so I add, "because i'm thinking we went to high school together." and to my surprise he says, "yeah, Red Mountain. Hey Amanda!" Okay, now this is a big moment because most of the people I've run into since those wonderful days of RMHS don't recognize me. (for those of you who have been troopers and known me before my college days... i look a little different!) (-: Behind Cody steps up Kellie and... Mr. Lunk Pocket himself, Austin.
Okay, now the interesting part (well, that other stuff was interesting too!): We all get into the "hey, how are ya, how's school, how's life, what's new...?" conversation where you try to play catch up from the past 4 years in 30 seconds. The conversations inevitably ends with, "it was so good running into you!" like it's been something you've been wishing would happen for oh-so-long now. I'm surprised no one dropped the, "we should totally get together" bomb. That's a classic!
Anyway, that was my nite.
I also saw Ocean's 12 and I'm still pretty undecided about it.
But that doesn't say much because half the time i can't decided on whether to have lucky charms or cap'n crunch in the mornings. These are the trials and tribulations I go through every day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home