The Sixth Wilbury

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Just another reason to Hate the Yankees, (as if I needed one!)

So I was having a pretty good day, up until about 8:15 this morning when I heard the news... The Commissioner of Baseball approved a trade that will send Randy Johnson to the Yankees. I know it's hard, so just take a second and collect yourselves here...
....
....
There. Maybe that's a LITTLE better now. Anyway, I'll take this moment to say that, no, I never really have been a fan of the New York Yankee baseball team. Maybe it's the pin-stripes, or the fact that they think they're ALL THAT plus a BAG OF CHEETOS. Maybe it's the fact that when I was just a small girl, they STOLE Chuck Knoblock right out from under our noses and then hardly ever played him, Yes, actually I'm pretty sure that's where it all started. And then they come out and get these cocky-poo-poo players who act like we should be privileged to watch them play in those God-forsaken pin-stripes, and are like, "yeah, the WORLD owes it to me to let me play here." (Can we all say JETER?) Bull. AND THEN, they go around flaunting the fact that they have one of the highest payrolls in MLB, oh, but wait... where's the WORLD SERIES RING TO PROVE IT?!?!?! Oh, would that be the one that ARIZONA swiped from you in the 2002 World Series? (ok, so I'm happy about that one, but you see what I'm saying.)
Okay, I suppose I should quit venting. Sorry you had to go through this with me, but it's just too painful for me to have to go thru on my own!
grrrr.
I need to go eat some cereal.

2 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger greyguitar said...

yes. cereal at 4pm. what else can ease the randy johnson dilemma?

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky Charms?? or Cheerios?? or BLUE Captain Crunch?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home