The Sixth Wilbury

Monday, September 19, 2005

Calm Down

I remember going to relatives houses (mostly around the holidays) and after cleaning up someone would always offer to start the dishwasher. The hostess and host, not wanting to disturb potential conversation would say, "no, no. The diswasher is much too noisy." I was thinking of this the other night as I started the dishwasher before heading to bed. And as I stood in the kitchen, trying to decide if I should make my lunch for the next day now or wait until I am in a panicked rush the following morning, I listened to the so called "too noisy" dishwasher and felt very calm. Like I could have laid down on the kitchen floor (without the aide of cranberry juice and vodka, or red wine, whatever!) and fallen into a peaceful sleep.

My next big venture in the business world is going to be making a CD of sounds that I think are calming, and sell it. I'd much rather wake up to the occasional clinking of plates than the random mating ritual of some strange rainforest birds!
(-:

2 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm picturing you in your kitchen floor with dogs annie and lizzie? running circles around you.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Sean said...

like the sound when you're in a car at night and you're really tired (and someone else is driving). i guess it's more of a vibration you feel than one you hear. still, it's calming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home