The Sixth Wilbury

Monday, August 15, 2005

A Bug's Life for me!

For all of you out there wondering, "what ever became of that grasshopper-actor from (the Disney movie) A Bug's Life?" Wonder no more.
He has taken up residence in my house.
And I think he's following me.

Last night when I went into the laundry room to iron my "school clothes" (today was my first day as a REAL GROWN-UP!), there he was, sitting on the ironing board. Now the problem with grasshoppers is, they're too big to go unnoticed, and too big to kill! So, I ironed my clothes on a towel on the bathroom counter instead.

Then, as I was going to see what I could scrounge up for lunch, so that I wouldn't have to in the morning, there he was on the kitchen floor. I actually even ran back into the laundry room to see if it was the same one. The one from the laundry room was not there anymore, so I assumed he had made his way into the kitchen. I hurried about my business and made sure to close my door before I went to bed.

Moreover (now there's a fun transition word!), when I was drying my hair this morning, there he was, hanging out on the door frame. I had a serious heart to heart with him and suggested that he leave the premisis (more like begged him, but whatever!) or I would have to inflict bodily harm. He reluctantly began climbing down the door frame. That was this morning.

Tonight I thought I saw him hopping along the hallway wall. But my dog snatched him up before I could get a good look...

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

Well, you did warn him...

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just two days ago, that same grasshopper was here in SC riding on the window of the explorer. He made it from downtown Bull St. all the way to Cayce at my house...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home