The Sixth Wilbury

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Pop, Soda, Coke, ... whatever you call it!

Yesterday as I was driving, out and about doing errands, I drove by a fire station. The big huge garage door was open and I peeked in and was shocked at what I saw: a pop machine. Although this doesn't seem like the type of thing to be shocked about, I was. Even though I honestly hadn't given it much thought, as to whether or not there were pop machines in fire stations, I guess I always imagined a fridge full of fire-fighting goodies. You know how you see the shows and commercials where the fire fighters all go grocery shopping together? What, they don't buy pop at the store? And then I started feeling really bad for the guys (and girls, whatever) because I thought: 'it's over 100 degrees outside!! And if Joe Fire Fighter is hot because he's been putting out forest fires or pulling babies out of pools because parents don't watch their kids around water, well then I think he should be able to cool off with a refreshing can of pop!' Oh, but no. Let's FIRST hope that he remembered to grab a dollar off of his dresser this morning!

Maybe we should all write letters to Coca Cola and petition that fire fighters are given free pop. Just an idea (-:

1 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

I'll give Terryn a free pop... if you know what I mean...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home