The Sixth Wilbury

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Another Days Thoughts

I know that there are certain people who will be very proud of me for this: I saw a spider in the shower the other morning and didn't freak out!! Nope, not one bit. I just filled up a cup with water and "swooshed" it down the drain. Problem solved! I honestly don't think it registered as to what I was doing, but when it was done, I was very proud of myself (-:

Concerning my last post: did I mention that I had a stalker in the 7th grade named James? Well I did. If he is the target of the "I <3 James" artwork, then I must say I'm very happy for him. (and as far as I'm concerned, she can have him!) And just as I was driving around that oh-so-sharp corner thinking this thought, the white suburban infront of me so graciously turned on its right blinker-- (which was good for me because I was wondering if they were going to go... left? straight?)

...and still I'm wondering if it is possible for a person to fall asleep and enter their REM cycle in 30 minutes or less...?
{-:

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

"The period of non-REM sleep (NREM)is comprised of Stages 1-4 and lasts from 90 to 120 minutes, each stage lasting anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. Surprisingly, however, Stages 2 and 3 repeat backwards before REM sleep is attained. So, a normal sleep cycle has this pattern: waking, stage 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, REM. Usually, REM sleep occurs 90 minutes after sleep onset."

But I'm sure there are exceptions... yeah?

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

American girl... yes you are correct and I can tell that you did your homework...

But you forgot to mention that if a person has been denied an adequate amount of REM sleep, they can actually enter the REM cycle immediately after sleep onset.It is called REM Rebound. And its proof that God loves us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home