The Sixth Wilbury

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Paper or Plastic?

Usually my trips to the grocery store do warrant a blog, but I tend to get side-tracked by the time I get home. Not the case today!

While checking out at the local Safeway I asked politely, "could I get paper?" (The little kiddos are going to be compiling their Greek work into a paper bag fold-out thing... too hard to explain or define here!) Anyway, I need 25 paper grocery bags. Now, before I tell you what actually happened I want to tell you what PROBABLY would have happened if I wouldn't have specified: I would have ended up with 8 plastic bags to hold my 7 items, (the wine most likely would have been double bagged). What really happened? I got ONE paper bag for the following: (not kidding or exaggerating)- 1/2 gallon of milk, 1 box of cereal, 4 apples, 1/2 gallon of apple juice, 1 bottle of wine, 1 shrimp dinner thing, and 4 single-serving containers of yogurt. Not kidding. So, not only was it too much for one paper bag so it was awkward to carry, the paper bag has now ripped and I can't even use it for the aforementioned class project.

Stupid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home