The Sixth Wilbury

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wkae-Up Call

I'm blogging at 3:32 on a Saturday morning. Ahh, the joys of marathon training in the desert! We're trying to get an early start today (4 am) so my alarm went off promptly at 3:05. This gives me plenty of time to eat, drink and digest. If all goes well this will be my last 4 am start of the season! See the following calculation:

Cooler temps + the sun coming up later = me getting to sleep in until 3:45!

And I seriously look forward to the day when sleeping until 4 on a Saturday becomes a reality again. Maybe even 4:30 by the "dead of winter!"

Despite the early hours there are a few things on my mind:
1. I don't think my up stairs neighbors EVER sleep. Seriously. They're up right now. I think I just heard their car start. Don't worry - they'll be back soon to bang up the stairs and slam doors shut.
2. I'm interested to see what 16 miles on less than 5 hours of sleep looks like...
3. Ask me what I'm doing in 22 DAYS!!?!
4. I turned the TV off in the middle of 20/20 last night, completely missing the whole Brittney story. And then I ended up not being able to fall asleep for at least 2 more hours. The most upsetting part of all of this? That it's actually a little upsetting to me!

Well I have effectively wasted 7 minutes. I guess it's on with the running gear and out to run!
(-:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home