The Sixth Wilbury

Monday, September 15, 2008

Breathe in, Breathe out. Repeat as needed.

The triathlon gods are against me. Now, with all of the possible things that I could have blogged about today (googling your birthday, the people I found out I share a birthday with because of the aforementioned googling, etc...) I find myself blogging about the triathlon gods. Why not blog about those other things, you may ask? Mostly because I've already told the three people who will truly understand my latest theory and it's still really bothering me. My bike seems to have strong feelings against me, as it has not cooperated for the past couple of weeks. It's either been my bike or the weather. Still. Hostility. Towards me. It's bad. An as I head off to what was supposed to be a rejuvinating and inspirational dinner, I find that the inspirational movie that was supposed to ... inspire... is nowhere to be found. Until September 23 (Run, Fat Boy, Run). So now, not only will I not have a bike to race on, I won't be inspired to rise above and beyond and, I don't know, perhaps ride a single speed BMX bike the entire way, overcoming all odds and showing those pesky triathlon gods who's boss! No. That won't happen because I am not to be inspired!

And just to add insult to injury, my gas light went off on my way home from school.

But really, if you google your birthday a whole list of celebrities will come up, and maybe even an areal photo of the Earth from that day. Good times.
(-:

1 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Marci said...

Maybe you should blog about the fact that you do your smiley faces backward.
(-:
instead of
:-)
like the rest of the world.
Why is this? Curious minds want to know!

I'll pray to the triathlon gods for you. Just remember: WWLAD? (What would Lance Armstrong do?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home