The Sixth Wilbury

Thursday, December 15, 2005

One Month... and Counting!!

The half-marathon is one month away. And currently I'm about 6 miles away... (meaning I haven't quite gotten my "training" to where I want it!) oh well. I'm beginning to (heavily) rely on the phonomenom of ADRENALINE!! (-: As race day quickly approaches I was recently inspired:

I love running. It's like
when I run
all the stuff in my head--
the stuff that is bothering me or
stressing
me out--
falls b e h i n d.
It can't keep up with me.

So
I run
and
I run
and
I run

Until I can look
behind me
and see a
s t a g g e r i n g
trail of burdens.
I smile.

And keep running.

Eventually these things do seem
to catch up with me again.
But
some get lost on the trail home
and some are just too
weak
to make it.

So I
will continue
to run.

(-: