The Sixth Wilbury

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Just Like a REAL Grown-Up...

So here I am, taking another step towards real "grown-up-ship;" Last Thursday while sitting on a bus with 55 sixth graders I recieved a phone call offering me a teaching job for next year! I'll be in 6th grade (which will be awesome!) at the same school I student taught at. So, that's good news, right?! Then the word "CONTRACT" came up and I got a little scared because I tend to be non-commital. Oh well. It'll be okay. It's just the thought of CHANGE or PERMANENCY that scares me... wait, can a person be afraid of things changing and staying the same at the same time?? Oh, the situations I get myself into (-:

Here's just one of the many silly stories from SeaWorld:

Student: "Teacher! Teacher! You just have to go on Atlantis!" (the newest roller coaster-ride at SeaWorld).

Teacher: "Student, I just can't! If I were to go on that ride I think I would pee my pants!"

Student: [hehe] "yeah, I did that a little bit, too...!"

Teacher: [waiting, waiting for student to walk away...] "hahaha!! did he just tell me he peed his pants on the ride??!?"

Oh gosh. never a dull moment!

(-:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home