The Sixth Wilbury

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Flippin' Burgers

Being a teacher always allows for interesting scenerios. Like when I got to be a McDonalds employee for two hours the other night! Yes, I was working the fries like it was goin' out of style! I even made up a song--if you can believe that!

It was McTeachers night at McDonalds and so the teachers were doing all the "work" like the ice cream and the registers and perhaps most importantly... COOKING FRENCH FRIES! I rocked. The poor manager was running around (fixing all the mistakes that we were making) and I asked her if she just hated this day and she said she didn't mind. Who knows. All I know is that she was way better at scooping out the french fries than me or my faithful sidekick. She could do it one handed while talking to someone at the drivethru... at the same time. Amazing. I have a new found respect. Here's a tip for any of you who might be seeking a position at McDonalds: when you salt the french fries you do the salt shaker in the pattern of "the arches." Yeah. So now you know. (I hope I don't get sued...!) Speaking of salting french fries, if you ask for fries with no salt you get what are perhaps the freshest fries (you could always salt them on your own later, now that you know the trick!) because they take them right from the fryer into the little fry holder, really honestly making sure they never touch the salt.

Well there's my consumer report for the day! (-:

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger greyguitar said...

wait, i actually DO ask for that. hahaha.

i generally ask for the #2 (when it was the #2..now it's off the menu depending on the state you're in) which is the 2 cheeseburger value meal and i say 'but without cheese.'

regardless, i'm proud of you amanda!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home