The Sixth Wilbury

Saturday, March 05, 2005

That Was Me

Yesterday I was the annoying car with my blinker on, just driving through traffic. I felt really stupid because I am always asking myself, "how could you forget your blinker on?"
Well, here's my story:
I went to merge onto the freeway from the on ramp and the guy next to me was being a big jerk and trying to speed up to pass me. (yes, we've all been on BOTH SIDES of this one!) So I, in frustration, slam my blinker on as opposed to just holding it slightly down so that I can make wile gestures with my left hand like, "what the heck are you doing?!" He passes me and I move over just as the lane is about to end. Phew. That was close. So I cruise down the freeway and it was not until 2 miles later that I realize my blinker has been on this whole time! I quickly switch it off and shortly after have to turn it back on to exit the freeway. But this time I just had to hold it in that "in between" place where the blinker is only on because you're holding it there... you know what I mean!
I've decided that maybe next time I'll try to be a little more understanding to the person who's blinker is on. Apparently it happens to the best of us! (-:

p.s. so my dog will sit and whine at the edge of my bed because she wants me to put her up there. I KNOW (because I've seen it) that she is perfectly capable of jumping on to my bed under her own power. What's up with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home