The Sixth Wilbury

Monday, January 16, 2006

I ROCKED!

So yesterday was the big day: Arizona's version of the Rock 'n Roll Marathon. (Well 1/2 marathon in my case!!) Either way it was a beautiful day. The rain they predicted would spoil this event never showed up (thank goodness!), the injuries that plagued us on and off for the past 2 months were held at bay (for the most part!), and crossing the finish line after 13.1 miles was everything they said it would be (no wait... it was WAY more!!).

THE MARATHON
When I get to be a runner
I will find my joy.
I will train my soul to fly
And I will wind through valleys
And climb up mountains
I will hear the thump of my feet
Hitting the earth
And I will feel the cool breeze
Against my tired skin
And there will be no weariness
Because my legs will carry me
Even when my heart is not in it.
The miles will go by
And my eyes will look to the horizon
Towards a finish line I ache for.
In chasing the other competitors
I will find my joy
When I am a runner.
--AKM 2006
Thanks, of course, to all my fans (-: who traveled all the way to Tempe to cheer me on. ... you have no idea how awesome that was! To everyone who gave me a high five along the way--especially miles 7-10. And Aaron, couldn't have done it without ya, and like I said... would never imagine crossing the finish line with anyone else!! And to everyone I know who would be more than willing to take just a little bit of the pain from my knees if they could (-:
(no, YOU GUYS rock!!)

4 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you ever know that you're my hero? and everything I wish I could be? i can fly higher than an eagle, cause you are the wind beneath my wings.
maybe next (half) marathon you can push me in my stroller!

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
» » »

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work free nude pics of mature woman Slave register bdsm Drool bdsm mature gigantic tits Life assurance policy premiums areo air mattress spam blocker and gang e mail Liftight facelift cream roof racks titfuck mature women Amateur free live gay web cams uk Rocky mountain national park rv camping Wireless headphones speakers face lift and radio waves

 
At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home