The Sixth Wilbury

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Woe is Me

Apparently I am the only "under 25-year-old" not on MySpace. And this is becoming a problem. 5/7 of the people I know in this world are on MySpace. 2/7 are not. I'm HOPING this means that 2/7 of my friends still have SOME sanity about them. But it also means that I am not able to verbally mock 5/7 of my friends. NOT that there's anything wrong with being on MySpace. Okay. You want the truth?

I'm jealous. I guess. There are like 6 people who I would love to comment to or "be friends" with. But, and herein lies the problem, you have to be a member to actually do that. Kind of like how at all the grocery stores now you need a little card to get cheaper avacados? But then sometimes even if you DON'T have your card they let you get them for 67 cents anyway?! I think that's what MySpace needs to invent. The all-accommodating, not-totally-frequently-used, get-the-avacados-at-a-cheaper-price kind of card.

And here's why I feel I absolutely can't get a stupid account of my own; I already had one scare last year when one of my students walked up to me and asks, "[Miss Parker] are you on MySpace?" There you have it. I refused to be tracked down and have my weekend outings viewed by 10-year-olds. Not gonna happen. Maybe what I need to do is get a sponser. Like someone who will post comments FOR me. I could be like the MySpace PIMP with all my little, well, you knows... running around doing all the dirty work. Hmmmm... It's amazing how inspired I get at 12:20 on a Saturday morning.

(-:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home